Belvárosi Gyógyszertár (Downtown Pharmacy) was founded in 1922 by dr. Béla Nagy pharmacist, university professor.
The pharmacy moved to its present location, into the famous, national monument Lajta house, next to the Rózsavölgyi music-shop replacing the hatmaker working there previously.
Szervita square (previously Martinelli square) is the heart of Belváros (Downtown): Szervita church with its single tower and the first multi-storey car park of Budapest can be found here.
Dr. Béla Nagy taught at one of the most prestigious universities of Hungary, Péter Pázmány University (now Semmelweis University). He turned his pharmacy into the centre of the production and promotion of homeopathic medications. Nearby, on Kristóf square, the father of professor Szentágotai, a famous Hungarian brain-research physician established a homeopathic doctor's office.
To this day we kept the tradition and present our guests with a wide range of homeopathic products.
The protection of good health is of utmost importance to us, that is why we take part in health preserving and the so called "pharmaceutical care". To achieve these aims we have contracts with several health funds, helping customers by accepting credit and health fund cards.
A scale and an automatic blood pressure monitor can be used free of charge in our pharmacy.
Director of pharmacy: Mrs. Endre Götze
Five counters serve the quick dispensing of medicines.
Pharmacists: Ms. Emese Asztalos (Vice-director of pharmacy), Mrs. Éva Márta Szabó, Ms. Tekla Kis, Mr. Kristóf Kovács
Technicians: Mrs. Ágota Szarvas Domokos, Mrs. Janos Illés, Mrs. Mária Kalmár, Ms. Éva Tárkányi, Ms. Mónika Marczis
To create a feeling of privacy for our costumers, the pharmacy offers service according to the ordinal number picked on entrance.
The pharmacy is a reference pharmacy of Gedeon Richter Ltd., and is a first class partner of Hungaropharma Ltd.
Services offered by Belvárosi Gyógyszertár:
· Pharmaceutical advice and information is given during dispensing.
Doctor technical instruments:
· Information counter (product and price information).
· The pharmacy accepts credit cards (credit card, health fund card, Ticket Wellness voucher).
· Automatic blood pressure monitor and scale.
· Weekly changing promotions.
· A unique choice of homeopathic medications.
· Hungarian and foreign herbs and teas.
· A wide choice of French cosmetics: Avenne, Bioderma, Darphin, Ducray, La Roche Posay, Lierac, ROC, Vichy.
· Natural based bio-cosmetics: Italian: L'erbolario, German: dr. Hauschka, Weleda
· AHAVA dead sea products (Israel)
· Clinians Italian face- and skincare
· SKINCODE skincare from Switzerland
· Eucerin family for sensitive skin (Hamburg)
· Sebamed baby and adult skincare
· Babé familiy from Spain
· Doliva products from Germany
· Latest Hungarian health protective and healing products:, Avemar, Béres, Flavin family, Flavonmax, Olimpiq, and products applied effectively in headskin and body treatment: Hyacint, Dr. Michaels.
· Dental care: ORAL B, Curaprox (Swiss)
· Blood pressure measuring machine: OMRON, Hartmann Rico
· Specialties in the health care: Seaton family, Phototrop